Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lunch Date -Part 2

Today, was Emma's turn and I managed to surprise her as well. We also held hands as we left her school both of us giggling like we had just pulled off the biggest coup. We had a wonderful time at lunch discussing the same things that I had discussed with Henry. They both seem like that had a wonderful year but are really looking forward to the summer and just being "lazy." I asked both of them if they wanted me to sign them up for any camps and both said "no."

After lunch, I told Emma that she could get ice cream. When we got in the car she leaned up from the backseat and kissed me on the cheek and said- "thank you mom." I could have cried right there!!! Kids love having special one-on-one time with their parents and it is just as amazing for us. It's hard to imagine that just a few years ago they were such babies and now they are acting more and more mature. I love listening to them.

On a side note- Emma actually thanked me for taking her home from a sleep over party (we don't allow our kids to spend the night). She said that she was happy that she had gotten a good night's sleep. Boy, I never expected to hear that statement from her. We also talked about how we are both crazy about our beds. Here are some things that we are crazy about- the bed MUST be made in order to get into it, no one else can be on our sheets, no one can put their heads on our pillows, basically- no touching our BEDS!!!

So much fun to have lunch with a beautiful girl who is growing up so quickly. I love you Emma!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails