Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lunch Date - Part 1

I was lucky enough to have a lunch date with this handsome guy yesterday. I went to his school and surprised him......he was grinning from ear to ear. We held hands all the way to the car and then headed off to Bill's Pizza. It was so lovely having lunch with just one child and my focus could just be on him. We talked about what he loved about his 1st grade year, what he wants to do this summer, and we giggled. I feel so blessed to have this little guy in my life. He is a joy to be around and he just fills my heart. I realized that I need to do these "special" things more often. Time is fleeting and I just want to soak up every second with Emma and Henry.

Today, I am doing the same for Emma. She just called me from school to let me know that I forgot to pack her lunch (ha ha).....I said that I would bring it to her later. I hope that she is as surprised as Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails