Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A morning snuggle..

Henry woke up about 20 minutes early this morning and told me that he had a bad dream. He asked if I could sleep with him until he needed to get up. I crawled into bed right next to him to share the warm spot. (It was quite cold here last night so it was a joy to be under the down the comforter.) As I laid in bed with him he snuggled up so close wrapping both his little arms around my arm...he couldn't have been any closer. I could smell his clean jammies, his hair and his breath. All of these smells coming together brought me such happiness. I am sure the time will come in the not so distant future that he will no longer ask me to snuggle in bed with him so for now I cherish these precious moments (morning breath and all).

P.S. I love the picture above. We were up in Maine at a beautiful botanical garden and this was the reading barn. The barn was filled with the most amazing childrens book collection. One of my many happy memories from this fantastic summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails